Press Release – OPEN DOOR FELLOWSHIP CHURCH JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Open Position: Youth Pastor
Position Type: Full-time, Salary with benefits
Date Posted: July 16, 2018
Closing Date: July 30, 2018
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Youth Pastor Position Description
Open Door Fellowship Church is seeking a committed and passionate follower of Christ who desires to lead and shepherd the youth and young adults of Open Door
Fellowship. The Youth Pastor will develop and oversee all ministries that serve youth aged 6th grade through college/young adult and be responsible for the
supervision and development of paid and volunteer youth ministry leaders.
Develop a vision and philosophy of ministry and service to Middle School (6-8 grade), High School (9-12 grade), and College-aged students that is consistent
with the purpose,essentials and vision of Open Door Fellowship (ODF) that includes:
• Creating and nurturing environments of safety and grace where students can be taught the Gospel, grow in understanding of who they are in Christ,
practice relationships of trust with ministry staff and one another, and provide opportunities for students to love and serve out of their new nature
• Teaching the Word of God to students.
• Build, lead and mentor a committed paid and volunteer youth ministry staff, including up to 2 part time youth pastor assistants.
• Provide primary pastoral and counseling care to the students, parents and youth ministry leaders within Open Door Fellowship.
• Develop and oversee specific age-based ministries through selection, planning and teaching of curriculum, activities (e.g., Sunday mornings), serving
opportunities, and regular meeting times (e.g., small groups, Bible studies) that facilitate the youth ministry vision of ODF.
• Oversee the youth ministry calendar.
• Develop and oversee the youth ministry budget in consultation with the ODF Finance Committee and the Elders.
• Develop and coordinate summer youth activities (e.g., summer camps, work crews,mission trips).
• Develop outreach activities to student campuses.
• Recruit, train, develop and care for paid and volunteer youth ministry staff.
• Work alongside and in concert with ODF pastoral staff and the elders in implementing the overall vision of ministry at ODF.
• Attend weekly staff meetings and maintain regular hours in the church office.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• A deep understanding of and commitment to the teaching and promoting of the theology and vision of ODF as expressed in the Gospel of grace and in ODF’s
• A pastoral and relational heart for students that comes from the expression of the Holy Spirit and Christ within the applicant.
• A teachable spirit.
• A certification or degree in youth ministry, biblical studies, or similar program of study. Extensive experience in youth ministry can substitute for the
certificate or degree requirement.
• A minimum of three years of experience in youth ministry.
• A demonstrated ability to develop, oversee, plan, manage and lead student ministries.
• A demonstrated ability to connect with and work well with students, parents and youth ministry staff.
• A demonstrated ability to work well with other pastoral staff, ministry leaders and elders.
• Existing or prior ministry experience/relationships with the youth and young adults of Open Door Fellowship Church.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to with the subject line of “Youth Pastor Application” by July 30, 2018 to the office of Open Door Fellowship at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following attachments:
• A one to two-page statement describing how you would plan to meet and carry-out a vision of student ministry at ODF, and how you would plan to meet
the roles and responsibilities outlined in this position description.
For questions call Tom Rychener at 602-561-5675.