Children’s Ministry Pastor Job Announcement:
OPEN DOOR FELLOWSHIP CHURCH JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Open Position: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Position Type: Full-time, Salary with benefits
Date Posted: August 7, 2019
Closing Date: September 7, 2019
Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
Children’s Ministry Pastor Position Description
Open Door Fellowship Church is seeking a committed and passionate follower of Christ who desires to lead and shepherd the children of Open Door Fellowship. The Children’s Ministry Pastor will develop and oversee all ministries that serve children aged birth through 6th grade and be responsible for the supervision and development volunteer leaders.
Develop a vision and philosophy of ministry and service to children (ages birth through 6th grade) that is consistent with the purpose, essentials and vision of Open Door Fellowship (ODF) that includes:
- Create nurturing environments of safety and grace where children can be taught the Gospel and grow in understanding of who they are in Christ.
- Teaching the Word of God to students.
- Build, lead and mentor a committed volunteer children’s ministry staff.
- Shepherd and pastor the children of Open Door as they encounter joys, hardships and challenges in life.
- Recruit volunteers for Sunday morning classes, teams, events, and camp.
- Create teams to oversee the shepherding and teaching in each classroom.
- Develop Leaders for each ministry area and within each classroom.
- Create a leadership team to oversee and co-own the ministry.
- Develop and implement a plan for a mid-week program (create a team to support)
- Develop and implement Summer ministries for Pre-K/K – 6th Grade (such as VBS, Family Nights…)
- Oversight of Sunday Morning classes/volunteers.
- Lead a team to provide Kid’s Camp for kids entering the 3rd – 6th grades.
- Create and implement a discipleship process for children birth through 6th grade.
- Create and train Children’s Ministry volunteers in an emergency safety plan.
- Partner with the Creative Team to develop Children’s Ministry branding and promotional materials.
- Leadership (including discovering, assessing, envisioning, and releasing leaders)
- Team Development
- Recruiting and shepherding volunteers
- Administrative skills
- Relational leadership strength/experience
- Shepherd’s heart for children
How to Apply:
Please send an email with the subject line of “Children’s Ministry Pastor” to the office of ODF at email@example.com indicating your interest in the position. Please include your contact information within the email.